Sacramental Certificate Request Form
Sacramental information is recorded at the church where the sacrament was performed.
You may require a sacramental certificate with notations and imprinted with Saint Thomas the Apostle’s official church seal in order to continue with your sacraments (first communion, confirmation, marriage), to be a godparent or confirmation sponsor. No certificates are issued for genealogical purposes.
In order to protect the confidentiality of these records, we release sacramental certificates to:
- the person named on the certificate,
- the next of kin, if the person named on the certificate is deceased,
- the parent or legal guardian, if the named person is under the age of 18,
- a church where a sacrament (first communion, confirmation, marriage) will be performed on behalf of the person named on the certificate, or
- a school that the person named on the certificate will attend or be employed by.
If you need an official sacramental certificate from Saint Thomas the Apostle, please complete and submit this form.
Please allow 7-10 days for your request to be completed. The Sacrament Certificate can be picked up with a Valid ID at Saint Thomas or we can mail it to a parish or school. We do not email official sacramental certificates. Just a reminder: Sacramental records are not civil legal records and cannot be substituted for them.